Sunday, December 17, 2006

Seven Days Till Christmas

Just a week away. Christmas is almost here. It's going to be a busy week at work. And next weekend will be crazy, a full weekend of shopping before Christmas.

My parents had planned to drive down and spend the holiday at my brother's house. I was planning on driving across the lake and river to his house Christmas Eve and spend the night. But with my Dad getting sick he is no in shape to drive and my Mom doesn't like to drive the long, so they're not going to be able to make it.

My brother and I actually thought about this back when he first told us he was sick. We figured they wouldn't be able to make it. Now you have to understand, for my parents Christmas is a big holiday. Not so much a religious holiday, but just a holiday to be with family and give out presents. My parents are like kids on Christmas morning. They're up at six, waking anyone else trying to sleep to get up and open presents.

Now Christmas is a hard season for me to get anytime off. I'm lucky to get a day off once a week. And the week after isn't a lot better, returns are hard and heavy that first week. But my brother and I decided to see if we both could get off and go up to Tennessee for Christmas. Sean and Shannon were flying in to visit my brother so they could travel with him to see their grandparents.

I just had to figure out a way to get off work at the worst possible time in the world for me. I talked with my boss and explained the situation to him. He already knew what was going on with my Dad. He gave me the week after Christmas off. So I plan on leaving after I get off work Christmas Eve and driving up there so I'll be there Christmas morning and than spending the week with my parents. Pretty nice, huh?

So if the week after Christmas no one hears from me, I'll be up in Tennessee at my parent's where they only have dial up, I don't know if I'll be able to put it with something that slow to blog.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh that's great news John!!!!


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/