Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas Gifts

Christmas is fast becoming a memory and I haven't posted any of the great gifts I got. Before I left for my parents Heather and I exchanged gifts. She got me a lot of cool gifts. She gave me a Jimny Cricket coffee cup. When I went to Disney this past year I searched for anything with Jimny on it, to no avail. I was told that they don't stock anything with him except for around Earth Day. So this is just too cool. If I get a chance I'll take a picture and post it later. Also a Beatles coffee mug. This is the animated Beatles from their cartoon days. Really cool. And a Superman alarm clock. I haven't had a chance to use this yet, but I will. When the alarm goes off it is supposed to flash a big S on the ceiling. How cool is that?

My brother got me the Anthology of Folk Music edited by Harry Smith. This is a collection that I've been wanting to get for awhile, but just have never did. This is the folk music that inspired a generation, including Bob Dylan, to help shape their music.

My parents gave me mostly money, since I didn't get a list of things to choose from. But that's cool, there is nothing wrong with money. Now I just have to decide what I want to buy.

My sister got me a pile of books. Always a good choice.

My neice and nephew got me a book about John Lennon. One that I atcually don't have, which is a wonder in itself.

So all in all it was a very good Christmas as far as presents go.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like you got some great stuff.

Anonymous said...

A Superman alarm clock that shines a big "S" in the morning? That is cool!

I'm also glad to hear you got to spend some quality time with your father. I know it's been tearing you up to live such a distance away from him while he's been ill. In fact, I'm sure that the time you spent together was probably the most precious gift either of you could give to the other.

Mike said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/