Wednesday, December 20, 2006

13 TV Shows on DVD

Thirteen TV COMPLETE TV SERIES ON DVD# 7

This is a list of TV shows that are complete and over with that have appeared on DVD. Oh, and ones that I own.
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: anyone that knows me knows this is going to be on my list. Buffy is one of my favorite shows. I named my dog after Buffy. Buffy lasted 7 seasons.
2. Angel: Ok, if Buffy is going to be one my list, Angel can't be far behind. Angel really grew from its parent show and became a great show in its own right. Lasted five seasons.
3. West Wing: The seventh and finals season of this show just came out last month. This was my favorite show on tv while it was on. It had some ups and downs, but to me is one of the best shows ever done on tv. It made me proud of my country. Lasted seven seasons.
4. Homicide: One of the best police shows ever done on tv. A very strong cast with some great stories, it wasn't your typical cop show. Lasted seven seasons.
5. Sports Night: Not a well knows show. It was created by Aaron Skorin, the creatore of West Wing. It took place behind the scenes of a sports show. A really good show and it had to potential to be a great show. Only last two seasons.
6. Firefly: From the creator of Joss Whedon, the creator of Buffy and Angel. He described it as a western in space. I really liked this show, but it only lasted one season.
7. Arrested Development: A very funny show. I just purchased this series recently and was surprised by how good it was. Lasted three seasons.
8. Alias: A show that just ended. The fifth and final season just came out on DVD. This was a spy show that was constantly re inventing intself. Just when you think you know what's going on, it changes everything. Five seasons.
9. Wonderfalls: Another show that almost no one knows about. A show about a young woman that has inanimate objects talk to her. Sounds stupid I know, but this is a great show. Lasted only one season.
10. The Comeback: An HBO series staring Lisa Kudrow from Friends. Lisa plays an actress that had a hit years ago and is now on a new sitcom and reality show about her comeback in the sitcom. This show was funny and profound at the same time. Kudrow made what could have been a one note character be real and believable and heart breaking and funny all at the same time. Another quality show that never made it past one season.
11. Quantum Leap: Sam Beckett leaps through time, trying to right wrongs and get back home. Lasted five seasons.
12. Guns of Will Sonnett: a western staring Will Greer from my childhood. I remember this show fondly. It lasted two seasons.
13. Dark Angel: Another science fiction show starring Jessica Alba. It only lasted 2 seasons.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a BIG Firefly fan. We've got the Dvd and the movie too. It's a shame that the series only lasted a season, because I thought it was well written and had a good plot.

My 13 are up.

Shelby said...

Oh I used to watch Quantum Leap! forgot about that show .. take care!

Unknown said...

you forgot about 90210...just kidding..cool list.

Anonymous said...

I loved Quantum Leap

Laura said...

quantum leap rocks. great list of dvd gift ideas.
my tt is up.

Barb said...

Quantum Leap and OMG the Guns of Will Sonnett! Happy TT

Michelle said...

Ya know? I have tons of TV DVD Sets and I don't think I have ONE of those!

Great list.

Happy TT!

Ali said...

we just started watching season 1 of alias. we are 5 episodes in and loving it!

Norma said...

I noticed Arrested Development at the library today while looking for Boston Legal. Had never heard of it.

A good list.

My TT is up.

Leah said...

I loved #3 and #8 as well. My hubby loved #13

Now, a DVD set would be a nice Christmas present, isn't it?

Mike said...

Some of these shows are ones I like also. Good TT.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/