Saturday, December 30, 2006

Blog Roundup for 2006

Well looking back over my blog posts for this past year I can say I started off with a whimper but ended with a bang. January was actually the worst month for posting, only two posts. I remember starting off the year wondering if I really wanted to continue this blog. It was a feeling that took awhile to shake. Sometimes even posting as much as I do now I get that feeling. I wonder if anyone is even reading this. I know I'm writing it for myself, but I also want people to read it. Sometimes I feel like this blog is all but invisible.

Feb picked up somewhat but I didn't really post much for the first half of the year, not much more than two dozen posts in one given month. July was even worse, with only 7 posts. August and Sept followed the same pattern, looking like I wasn't really going to get back into this blog that much. But somehow by the time Oct rolled around I was back to posting on a regular basis. October saw 45 posts, Nov even more with 48 and somehow with all that was going on Dec saw the most of the year with 66 posts so far. Now I will admit that you might think some of those posts are kind of a cheat, there were a lot of quizzes for the month of Dec. But I like taking those quizzes so I'm going to count them.

Still 2006 doesn't beat out my first year of blogging, and 2005 was short a month, I didn't start until Feb. 2005 I ended up with 368, so far for this year I am at 323. I might add a few more before the end of this year, but not that many more.

Still even with my carping about wondering if anyone is reading this blog I have to admit that I find it fun. I find it relaxing, after a hard day at work I enjoy sitting down at my computer and adding to this blog. It helps focus my mind as well as the same time as letting it wander and not feel so burdened by so many things. I enjoy the friends I have met while blogging and hope to meet many more.

None of these numbers mean much to anyone but me, but it's just one more way of my geeky nature.

For the new year I have some plans for some regular features on this blog. One is the SPOTLIGHT ON: which will feature some musical group or individual that I think deserves wider exposure. Another is the WORD A DAY. Last year I bought one of those word a day desk calendars and forgot about it. Every month or so I'd have to tear off twenty or thirty pages to get caught back up. I figure if I post the word a day every day on my blog than I'll be sure to read it daily. Also I have a rock and roll fact calendar that asks questions everyday that I think I will post to. This way will help me to post everyday, though I can guarantee there will be days I miss.

Well, I hope that those of you that do read this blog on any type of regular basis enjoy it. And I hope this year more people will stop by and enjoy it.

Everyone have a great NEW YEAR.

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/