Saturday, April 16, 2005

Walmart Part 4

Today when I was across the lake, just going into Border's Walmart called. I walked outside with the phone to talk to them. Basically the person on the phone, someone from regional, was very apologetic. She told me that if I thought my car was still having problems I could bring in someplace to have them look at it, and if there were any problems still caused by the oil spill they would pay for it.

I guess this is what I wanted. I am glad that someone finally acted like it wasn't my fault that they left the cap off the oil and than got the engine wet when they cleaned it. But I think I was hoping that they would at least say "Hey, we'll give you a thirty dollar gift card" or something. I spent over eight hours fooling with this mess, eight hours of my life that is gone now. And they gave me a ten dollar gift card, and that was given as payment for the oil cap and just not asked for back, no way was the manger going to ask me for it back after he paid for the oil cap. My time is worth more than thirty dollars, but ten dollars really feels cheap.

It's over, but it still feels like it wasn't resolved all that greatly. But I'll live with it. I'll just have to decide what I want to do as far as shopping at Walmart goes. I know there is no way I'll never shop there again. It's too pervasive, too cheap. In fact I went to Walmart today. I had to spend the ten dollar gift card, I wanted to get that out of the way. I do want to try and spend less money at Walmart, find other places to shop, even if it means a few more minutes out of my way. And I really don't want to shop at that Walmart again...the least I can do is go to the one across town. It might not be much in the long run, since I'm spending money at Walmart, but at least it won't be at that one.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I am glad to see that you got some type of resolution out of it:)


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/