Saturday, April 02, 2005

It's A Wonderful Day (Yeah...)

After I dropped Buffy off at the vet I drove to Mandeville to go to BSI Comics. I hadnt' been in a few weeks and I knew the new Daredevil was there so I wanted to get it. Go in, grab it, look around pick up a few more and proceed to the check out. They run my atm card, first it comes back invalid. They fiddle around, run it again, it comes back declined. Now I'm not like some customers, I work in retail so I know it's not the clerks fault, and I don't scream and yell that something has to be wrong, the card has to be good. I know the card has to be good, I keep a certain level in my account and know that I have more than the twenty dollars I was trying to charge.

I use another card and go out to my car and call the little number on the back of the card. After a few transfers from one person to another I get someone that answers "Loss Prevention." This gives me pause, why am I being transfered to loss prevention, I figured it was a clitch in their machine to be honest, but I just wanted to make sure. The woman on the other end asks if I made a $500.00 payment to T Moblie yesterday. I was more than a little shocked, my cell phone is through Sprint. Luckily they hadn't posted the payment, they had held it and tried to call me but somehow had the wrong number. So nothing got paid, but somehow somewhere someone got hold of my credit card number. We went throught the last few charges she had just to make sure that the others were good. When I got home I checked online and everything else looks good.

The biggest problem now is that they canceled that card. I live on my atm card. I never carry cash. And now I can't get cash anyways, cause my card is dead. They said a new one will arrive in 5-7 days. I guess I'll just cash a check at work, so I can at least get some money for gas. It's a good thing I found out before I went back to pick Buffy up, I dont' carry checks either. My card would have declined at the vets. I wonder what they would have did, keep Buffy? Somehow I don't see that happening, they'd have to keep sedating her every few hours.

One thing I thought of though was how stupid could the person be? If they paid off their cell phone bill, it's going to show a name of who the person was....so hopefully it won't be too hard to catch this person. I don't know if they got the number from charging it someplace local or off the net. I think I'd rather it be someplace local, than finding someone hacked into my computer.

And than the topper of it all. I got home, stopped at Wendys to get something to eat, sit down with my food and comics and of course the first one I'm going to read is Daredevil. I pick it up, open it and realize I picked up the wrong issue. I grabbed last month's issue, one I already had.

Needless to say, this isn't my day so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you know it wasn't me... I have Sprint too lol. I got the tickets in for 3 Doors Down and Kenney Chesney. See you Sunday at work!


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/