Wednesday, April 06, 2005

More why I hate Walmart

Ok, I know it's the post everyone's been waiting for. The continuing saga of my battle with Walmart. This all takes place yesterday. After I got to work I decided to call 1-800-Wal-Mart and let them know of my problems with the store. Then I went home for lunch and my car almost stalled everytime I stopped at a red light.

So once I got home I called the number for the insurance company that Walmart gave me. The guy at the other end told me to bring my car in to some shop and have someone look at it. He also told me that he had been trying to get hold of someone at the store to talk to about the report but so far was having no luck. I told him good luck, it took me forever to get a manager and I never did get to talk to the store manager.

I drove to the Goodyears near the mall and had them look at it. I called the store and got Nick to come pick me up.

The problem with the car was that they got water in the distibutor cap. They took it off and dried it out. The bill came to about fifty dollars. When I got back to Goodyears I called the insurance company back up and told the guy there what was what. He told me that he still hadn't gotten hold of anyone at the store, he was trying to get someone to come down and pay the bill. He said he even tried the district manager with no results.

He asked if I'd pay the bill. I told him I didn't like it, I had trouble getting Walmart to pay me back the the $7.50 oil cap. He assured me that he would make sure I got paid back. I really had no choice, they weren't going to let me take my car without someone paying for it and I was the only one around that was willing to fork over the cash.

When i called the 800 number the lady there said someone from regional would get back with me in two to three days. We'll see....

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/