Wednesday, February 28, 2007

New Artist: Maggie Brown



If you have a MySpace page you know how you get those annoying messages from people you've never met to be added to your page. Especially new singers and bands. Everyday I have some to go through, and most of the time it's from bands or singers that I have no affinity for. Every now and than I'll get one that I think is interesting and I'll add it to my page.

And than, very rarely, I'll get one that will just blow me away. That was the other day. I had a request from a singer named Maggie Brown to add her to my page. I always check out their web page and read the bio there. It's a great story of her and her Mom and her start in the music business.

She has a self titled cd out now, which you can order through her web page. She is a former English teacher, now working as a bartender to help support herself between gigs. If there was justice in this world she would be able to live on her music and not have to find secondary jobs.

It's not very often that I find someone that I just click with and think their music is more than just a pleasant diversion. The last person I became this excited about was Shannon McNally. I think Maggie Brown is that good and definitely worth your time.

Go to her MySpace page (which for some reason it won't let me link to) and check out her music. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/