Saturday, July 14, 2007

One Million B.C.


In 1966 Raquel Welch starred in One Million B.C. For men of a certain age this above image will be part of our collective past forever.

Recently I saw that they are making a movie entitled 10,000 B.C. I have no idea if that movie is supposed to have any sort of connection to One Million B.C. I figure it doesn't, but the title kind of gives it some. Maybe to today's audience it won't, I'm not sure how well known the previous movie is today. I've included the trailer for 10,000 B.C. The special effects will definitely be a lot better, but as a historical piece I can see that this movie is far from the truth. (Not that One Million B.C. was anything close to being accurate.) Claiming it's from the director of Independence Day doesn't add any special weight to it as far as I'm concerned, I didn't like that movie.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't like Independence Day?! Why in the world not?
I thought it was awesome. But, I am a huge Will Smith fan.

John Holland said...

I like Will Smith. The rest of the movie just didn't do it for me.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/