Thursday, July 05, 2007

Best Buy Lake

I decided to run down to Best Buy and check out the new cds. I'm actually interested in finding the new DVD collection of the Monterey Pop Music Festival. They're supposed to have re-issued it with the entire concert on film now. And than I needed to go grocery shopping. When I left the skies were quiet, while I was in Best Buy it started raining. And raining hard. It was coming down in a torrent. I waited, hoping it was going to at least slow down a bit. And there were enough things around me to keep me occupied. Well after about fifteen minutes I realized that their parking lot was slowly becoming a lake and the water was just under my bumpers already. I decided to risk the rain, I was afraid if I waited much longer the water would be in my car. Getting to my car I had to wade through water that was almost up to my knees. Luckily the exhaust wasn't under water yet so I was able to get it started and out of that lake. So now instead of finishing my shopping I'm sitting here typing this. It has stopped raining, so I might risk another chance on going out.

5 comments:

katherine. said...

if you are so inclined…..

Travis Cody said...

Geeez. Now that's some rain.

John Holland said...

Yea, well that's Louisiana for you. When it rains down here it rains. It floods quickly around here.

NOLADawn said...

Yep, I had to cancel a doctor's appt that I had for Thursday afternoon because I was afraid the streets would be flooded. Sure enough, it was. Good thing I rescheduled.

John Holland said...

Glad you weren't caught in it. As soon as I got in my car I headed home and forgot about doing any more shopping for the day.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/