Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Ch-ch-changes

To quote the David Bowie song "ch-ch-changes" are going on around here today. I'll probably be working on my sidebars and anything else on here over the next few days since I'm off. I've just finished reworking some of the blogs on my blogs to read section. I've deleted a few that I find myself not visiting anymore and added some new ones. Some of these new ones are ones that I've been meaning to add for awhile, their sites have been in my bookmark section but the problem with that is that I don't find myself visiting as much that way. With their site on my sidebar it's easier to make the rounds.

This actually has been a topic at another site I visit, when to link. If I linked to everyone I wanted to my sidebar would be even longer than it is, and it's pretty long now. I try to keep sites linked in there that I like to visit. If I find myself visiting fairly often I want to link you so I can get there easily. If I find myself not visiting anymore, than I'll probably drop the link though I might keep the site bookmarked to visit now and than. I'm not as worried if I get a link back or not, it's always cool to find someone has linked me, cause it means they like to visit my site. But for me to link to them, I don't have to have a link back.

Of course we are talking other blogs here. I have a lot of other sites on my sidebar that I don't visit as often. These sites are ones I want to share with others, ones that I find interesting and think someone else might too. These are the ones that might not be visited as regularly but I think are cool to have. If you're a comic book fan I have a bunch of sites that you might find interesting. If you want to learn more about New Orleans' music, there are some sites. That's what those sites are for.

So what makes you link? Or not link?

2 comments:

Gordon D said...

Usually, when I link to a blog, it means that not only do I enjoy reading it on a regular basis, but also that I feel others may enjoy it as well.

I'll also do reciprocal links if a blog listed above (like yours) links to me first. There are maybe one or two blogs that I know that link to me, but after reading them, I felt a little uncomfortable reciprocating, so they're out there linking to me...which is fine. There's a little something for everyone out on the blogosphere.

Hope this helps.

Travis Cody said...

I've been embarrassed a couple of times to find that someone had linked to my blog, but I hadn't linked to theirs.

I've been doing some work on my sidebar too. I like to play around with it as I learn more about how to work with html.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/