Monday, July 11, 2005

Random Musings or I Just Don't Have A Lot to Say Right Now

As reported before, Dennis missed us. 
 
I'm still trying out these contacts.  I've gotten a lot better putting them in, they only take like five or ten minutes to put in.  Still not sure about wearing them.   Reading close up can be a pain.  The doctor said it would take a while for my brian to adjust to the lens, they are mono, one is for distance and one is for close up and my brian has to figure it out.  Could be trouble there.
 
Off this week.  Not planning on doing much of anything. 
 
San Diego Comic Con is this week.  A few years ago when I just happened to be off the same week I ended up going at the last minute.  Not planning to this year.  I used to go every year for awhile there.   I remember one year, when the Chicago Comic Con was two weeks before the SDCC I went to Chicago, stayed a few days afterwards with my friend Terry and than went to SDCC.  Almost felt like a real pro, going to one convention after another.
 
Another friend of mine is back from Iraq.  He is back for good.  He lost three members of his team over there.  He was the team leader.  Not in a real cheerful mood right now, and I can't blame him.  He's not real optimistic about the whole situation over there.
 
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory comes out this Friday.  Should be interesting.  I think this is going to be one of the those movies that is either really good or really bad, I dont' see a lot of middle ground here.  I think it's going to be really good.
 
Son Volt is coming to New Orleans!  Yea!  Of course they're coming the day before I leave for Austin in Sept for the Austin City Festival.  These things can never be spaced out, it's just like when I got back from Bonnaroo, Ryan Adams and John Fogerty were playing back to back. 
 
John Hiatt is playing at the end of this month. 
 
Ok, enough rambling on about nothing really.  I figure being off this week I'll probably be on this computer a lot more than normal, so if I leave a lot of posts on your blogs it's just cause I was bored and had nothing bettter to do with my free time.  (Now how sad is that?)

1 comment:

LiVEwiRe said...

I like your random post... lots of bits and pieces. You know I'm excited about CATCF; should be a visual treat! I'm thrilled to know that Dennis spared you - I was kind of watching the coverage through my fingers. Hmm... perhaps some of my 'lens wisdom' helped...lol. You'll get the hang of it and it sounds like you are doing a great job so far! Enjoy your time off... I expect at least 8 comments per day from you and 2 from Buffy! =)


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/