Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Jeepers Peepers Where'd You Get Those Peepers?

I did something that I said I would never do today.  I got contacts.  It was never that I hated contacts, it's just the idea of putting something on my eye always freaked me out.  I was used to glasses, I've been wearing them since I was in sixth grade, so I figured that I would keep on wearing them.  But the idea of contacts always was there in the back of my mind.
 
So today I decided to take my fears by the horns, so to speak, and go do it.  Well, I found out I'm not that freaked out by putting something on my eye.  It's just hard to do.  I keep blinking.  It took me two hours to put the contacts in at the store.  Than after I put them in they told me I had to take them out and do it again.  They wanted to make sure I knew how to take them out.  That was fun, trying to take them out.  I got one out and they took pity on me and said if I could put it back in they would be happy.  I just think they were tired of me in their exam room.  Another hour passed and I did get it back in.
 
They told me to leave them in for about four hours today and six tommorrow and than I could leave them in for the day.  My four hours are about up, so now I have to try and go take them out again.
 
I had to get mono contacts, my glasses are bi focals and they don't make bi focal contacts.  Mono contacts are each contact is a different perscribtion.  One is for distance, the other is for nearer things.  It takes getting used to.  The doctor says that the brain figures it out and starts seeing things right fairly soon.  I don't have much trouble with distance, but trying to read close up is a little difficult right now.
 
I do like them though so far.  It's the first time since I was 11 that I haven't worn glasses.  I can go buy sunglasses now and wear real sunglasses!  It's the little things in life that make me happy :)

3 comments:

Laura Lee said...

Congratualtions! Welcome to the world of the cheap sunglass wearers, Two-Eyes! ;)

John Holland said...

Second day and put them in this evening, couldn't get up early enough before work. Only took me 45 minutes to put them in, it's getting better...

Anonymous said...

You should pay someone to come over and do it for you--haha


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/