Saturday, July 16, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Ok, it seems like it's taken forever to get here.  For me the big movie of the summer was supposed to be the Fantastic Four.  That was the movie I was putting all my hope and faith into it.  It's a terrible thing when a man loses his hope.  But wait, there is still a glimmer of hope on the horizon.  What is it?  It's Charlie!
 
I loved this movie!   It definitely is a Tim Burton/Johnny Depp movie.  The colors and effects in this movie are just wonderful.  Depp is great as Willie Wonka.  I never saw the orginial so I don't have the comparsion to make, but I can't see anyone doing Wonka as well as Depp.  He plays him with such a snide look, such a dislike of children, well not just children but all people at times.  The little remarks he makes, the looks on his face.  The glass elevator...I laughed so hard when he went to get in it.  Both times. 
 
The reviews have been kind to this movie, less so to Depp.  Most have not liked his version of Willie Wonka.  I say they're wrong.  He is great as Wonka.  This movie is really good.  Go see it now!

2 comments:

LiVEwiRe said...

This is my first day online in a few days and I may do a quick post about the film as well. It was fabulous! I want to go see it again - there were so many things to take in!The concept of the elevator was incredible and his, uh, grace in entering it was unparalleled! =)

Anonymous said...

Umm, you didn't mention the best thing about the movie...that you went to see it with me!!! So disappointed lol. I loved the movie, in fact I think we should go see it again!


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/