Sunday, January 20, 2008

Seven Annoying Things

The lovely Tish tagged me with this over a week ago, but I'm just now getting to it. Sorry Tish. The object is to list seven things that annoy you. Hmmmm, it might be hard to just stop at seven....

1. People on cell phones. Hey, I love cell phones as much as the next person, but when did it become a fact of life that you have to have a cell phone attached to your ear all the time. It's bad enough drivers paying more attention to their cell phones, but how many people have been walking through a store or somewhere and heard someone talking and thought they were talking to you only to discover that they were talking on a cell phone. I work in retail and one day I was waiting on a customer, talking to her when her phone went off and without an even an excuse me she just opened her cell phone and started talking.

2. The first half of American Idol. I've written of this just recently, but it still annoys me. Let's just get to the real singers and skip all this other part.

3. Customers that ask "do you work here?" when I'm on top of a ladder getting merchandise down, or pricing something or anything that just screams out the fact that, yes I work here! Just ask for help if you need it, don't ask if I work here? It's really not a biggie, but it's annoying.
(I'm not annoyed that customers ask for help, just the question.)

4. I'm annoyed that Bonnaroo moved its date to Father's Day weekend a few years ago. Where I work Father's Day is a blackout day, just like Christmas. It's one of the few days I can't get off. And Bonnaroo goes and moves there festival to that weekend.

5. I'm annoyed that the Motion Pictures Producers won't settle with the writers so we can get on with some great tv. Lost is about to start at the end of this month and at the moment only eight of the 16 episodes are done. And with the writers strike that may be all we get this year. The writers aren't asking for anything they don't deserve,so sit down and talk with them and let's get it over with.

6. I'm annoyed that it looks like Bruce Springsteen is not coming to New Orleans on his Magic tour. This is supposedly the last E Street Band tour and he's not coming close enough to where I can see him. It looks like if I want to go see him I'll have to travel to him.

7. And finally I'm annoyed at myself. I'm annoyed that I continue to find reasons not to write. If I want to ever do anything as a writer I have to take myself serious enough to spend the time writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travel to see Bruce...it's well worth the road or air trip...
This will most likely be the last ESB tour as we know them...
I'm off to Rochester in March...don't you have relatives in NY????

John Holland said...

New Jersey which is pretty close. I'm going to have to think about it, it's very tempting.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/