Thursday, May 26, 2005

Venting

As I start to write this I don't have a title for this post.  I'm not even sure what I'm going to write about.  This week has been hectic.  Work has been very busy.  Customers are worse than normal.  Most customers are nice and come in without looking for a fight  But than there are some that come in with a chip on their shoulders and figure that since we have to wait on them that they can treat us like dirt.  I hate the customer that walks in and the first worlds out of her mouth (like today) is "I'm in a hurry, can we rush this up?"  If you're in such a rush, don't stop to shop.  Do what you've got to do.  We don't sell anything that you need to live, so you don't need to be here shopping if you are in that big a rush.
 
I'm tired.  More than just physically.  I think with my Dad coming out from the sugergy, everything looks good so far.  (He started walking today and they took him off the feeding tube and he actually is eating solid food.)  But it's like an emotional roller coaster.  I think my car is just going down the loop, I feel drained. 
 
I want to do something, but don't know what.  I want to start writing, but it seems like I never can find the time.  I know it's not a matter of finding the time, it's a matter of making the time.  When I used to write I always found the time.  I felt guilty if I didn't write something everyday.  Now I think about what I want to write, but that's about as far as it goes.   I just can't find the energy to sit down and put words to paper. 
 
I feel like I'm waiting for something to happen in my life, but I dont' know what it is. 
 
Ok, I just found the title for this post.  Sorry to come across as down in this post.  I'm ususally a fairly happy person that takes life as it comes, but every now and than I guess I just need to vent a little.  Dont' worry, I'll be back to normal soon. 

3 comments:

LiVEwiRe said...

You picked a perfect title for your post! One thing you must relize... if people can find a way to be stupid, they will. Short of locking them in their homes, we're unfortunately stuck with them.

I'm so pleased to hear that your dad is continually improving. I think now you might need to give yourself permission to relax and take it easy for a bit. Promise you'll try to ease up on yourself a little?

When the words are ready, they will come out and there is nothing you'll be able to say or do about it! As an example, you find time to keep your blog because you enjoy it and you vent. Writing is the same way, which I'm sure you know. Use your blog as a training facility of sorts to get you into the habit. You need to be ready because you never know when you'll find your muse. Come to think of it, you can probably Google it...

Deep breath... relax.... see, not too hard, right? =)

Laura Lee said...

There's nothing wrong with venting on your blog (Gosh I hope not or Im in trouble!) It IS your blog, plus we want to know how you feel and whats going on with you. I know that I give way too much information about what’s bugging me on my blog, but hey, people still read it :) (they are NUTS though!)

You have a lot going on kid! I agree with Livewire, go easy on yourself. Just dealing with your dad’s surgery is enough to drain a normal person, let alone an emotionally strong and sensitive person like yourself. Sometimes its harder on those of us who internalize a lot of what's going on around us, but I am fairly convinced that's what makes us loveable...you really connect with people and they feel recognized then. That’s all we really want right? And maybe hot dog every now and then. ;)

I didnt know you were a writer! I suppose I should read more clearly! I was thinking that same thing on the way to work this morning, 'Gosh, why am I not writing? How long am I going to put this off?’ Then the excuses start flowing into my head...'oh but you’re so busy, why not wait until you have a better job, or you’re feeling happier or when you actually have something to write about besides helper monkeys and Bert Wilder?’ ;) But it is about making time, you’re right.

Can't force it though. In the meantime...Livewire is SO right...use the blog to vent, share, create, bash, love, etc. Hey, I mean it's not like the whole world could be reading it so pressures off right ;) haha By the way-- thanks for all your sweet and supportive words on my blog too. Glad to know ya! Now let me go see about this picture you say is dorky...

John Holland said...

Thanks for the support. I appreciate it. Sometimes you just gotta vent or explode I guess.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/