Saturday, May 28, 2005

I want a Laptop...eh, what do they call them now, a Notebook!

Yes, I do.  I really don't need one.  My excuse is that maybe I'll write more if I have one.  I can use it in the living room or any room of the house.  I can go to the local cafe and sit out in the open and write.  (Yeah, yeah, I know I can do all this and a lot cheaper with a pen and a notebook.)   But lately the bug has been there and I really want one.  Today as a break from the hospital I went brousing laptops, eh I mean notebooks.  When did they go from being called laptops to notebooks?  I figure that I want one in the thousand dollar range or cheaper.  I want one with a big memory for the harddrive and fast.  I found one at CompUSA that had an 80 gb memory and was 3.2 ghz processor.  I think it was last years model, cause it was on managers special.  For the same price, the same company offered one with a 2.0 ghz processor.  So what I want anyone reading this to tell me is what should I look for in a notebook.  Any suggestions on some good ones, remembering the price limit.  Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

LiVEwiRe said...

I know nothing about them; however, I'm wondering if it will really give you the opportunity to write more. It all depends on why you aren't writing... If you arent' sure, I heard that WalMart (yes, WalMart) is putting out a model for ~$500 this year. If you find that it does in fact prompt you to write due to the flexibility, then you can write a few pieces, get oodles of money, THEN buy a nice new, fast one. I'll even paint racing stripes on it if you think it'll make it go faster. =)

Consumer Reports usually has a PC issue and the magazine PC World has tons of info but is really technical. If I think of anyone or come across decent resources, I'll pass it on.

Interestingly, I wrote quite a long post a while back and made notes for it via good old-fashioned pen and paper. I really like that old method... felt like it was the 'nitty-gritty hands-on' approach. Plus for me, I detest the keyboards on notebooks; awkward.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/