Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

You know, sometimes Moms can be the most infruitating people in the world. Especially after you're grown and wanting to be treated like an adult and they say something that just makes you feel like you're three feet tall and still having to ask for permission to stay up late to watch tv. But if too much time passes with them acting like you're the adult you pretend to be you secretly wish for that "Mother" in them to come out and scold you for something stupid and make you feel like a kid again.

I see some people that address their Mom by their given name. Now there's nothing wrong with that, but I just can't do it. My Mom is Mom, not Nell. She's Nell to my Dad or her sisters or her friends. To me she'll always be Mom. And that's the way I like it.

My Mom was the one that always paid the bills. My Dad came home and gave her his check and she did all the money stuff with it. I don't think my Dad would know how to pay a bill. She's never been late with a bill in her life. Me, I'm the complete opposite, if I'm on time with a bill it's a miracle. Sometimes my brother and I might think my Mom was kind of tight with a dollar. There are times when she seems to be too concerned with the dollars and cents but than out of the blue she'll go out and spend more money on a present than she should.

At Christmas my Mom always makes sure she spends pretty much the same amount on presents for all of us. I know when we were younger, my brother and I were only a year and a half apart, if one of us got what we thought was less than the other the aggrevied party would throw a fit. But now we've went and got all grown we don't count how many presents the other gets (at least too often) but my Mom wants to make sure we get treated equally.

She worked all her life. I never thought she would retire. I was really happy when she finally retired about ten years ago. With their retirement and social security my parents are doing better than ever, they have fewer expenses but they live a good life. They have been happier than ever. My mom works in her yard, they go shopping, they build things, they just enjoy life and it's something that she deserves.

So all this ruminations about my mom leads to one thought....Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/