Sunday, January 04, 2009

Best of 2008: Raphael Saadiq

Raphael SaadiqImage by √oхέƒx™ via FlickrRapheal Saadiq's newest solo album is The Way I See It. Rapheal was a member of the goup Tony! Toni! Tone! before venturing out on his own.

I have to admit I wasn't that familiar with the singer or the group before. I knew the name but couldn't recall hearing anything by the group. But I was more than pleasantly surprised.

This is one of the best albums of the year and definitely is one of my favorite. When I had it on in the car I went through at least three listens before I ejected it for another disc and it wasn't too long before it was back in the cd player.

This is wonderful, great, Soul music with a capital S. This reminds me of the old geat Soul music from a decade or more ago. This is music that when you listen to will make you want to get up and dance and sing along. For me a lot of current music that wants to call itself Soul Music just doesn't live up to the name. But this will make you think of the best of the genre and it can compare easily.

The song I've picked is a duet with Joss Stone.


Just One Kiss | Music Codes


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

I liked that. I love Joss Stone though =)

Hey I did this Blog Project and immediately thought of you. It's called the Blogger Album Project. He is asking all sorts of bloggers to choose 7 of their favorite albums and he is building a link collection. It's pretty cool!

http://www.rousefamily.com/AlbumProject.htm

John Holland said...

I love Joss Stone too. I saw her at the House of Blues not long after her first album came out and she was awesome. She was almost shy on stage, inbetween songs talking.

I'll check out the link, thanks.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Now that was a very cool find...thanks for sharing.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/