Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New President

Daddy O.  020/365Image by //amy// via FlickrWe have a new President. I just watched the inauguration on television. I was lucky that I don't go to work till this afternoon. I have to admit that I teared up as I watched, this was history in the making. Mr. Obama comes into office with a country in worse shape than it's been in years, but I am confident. He is a very intelligent man and I am glad that our fate is in his hands. I could never understand during the election when I would hear comments about the newly elected President being too smart, too elite. I'm sorry I want my President to be as smart as can be. I want him to be smarter than me. We've seen what happens when we don't have a smart man as President for the last eight years. I feel like eight years of a nightmare is over. It won't be easy, things will probably get worse before they get better. But I feel like they will get better.

This is a wonderful day.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I tried to watch here in my office, but so many people were streaming it almost crashed the system, so they stopped all streaming.

A historic day indeed.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful day indeed!

Travis Cody said...

I'm with you. I don't understand why so many seemed to think intelligence was a detriment for Mr Obama. Why wouldn't we want the smartest people possible in charge?

And it's not just about being intelligent. It's about being curious and wanting to learn and know things.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/