Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Office: Before and After

I mentioned awhile back that I was re-doing my room that I use for an office. I've had one of those old metal office desks for over the last twenty years. I took the top off a wooden desk and used it on the metal desk. The way I had everything set up and the mess it gave me very little room. One day I was sitting at the desk and realized I wanted a new one and to clean up the mess I had accumulated over the years. So I went out and started buying things. The new desk was under seventy dollars so I think I got a good deal on it. This is the before pics:



The after pics. The shelf unit in the back I actually built. And anyone that knows my capability with a hammer and saw will realize how unusual that is. The new desk gets everything right there under the desk, I was even able to put my turntable there. The computer towers fit right alongside the left side. I didn't take a picture of them but I cleaned out the file cabinets and replaced them with two smaller hanging file folder carts. I couldn't believe the stuff I had kept in those old file cabinets. Tons of papers, almost literally I'm afraid. And one of the best things, which is still kind of hard to tell in these pictures is that I can actually walk around in the room now. I have space on both sides of the desk and Buffy can even come lay next to me while I type.

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/