Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thirteen Thursday Number 21: JazzFest Acts I Want To See This Year


Thirteen Performers I Want To See at JazzFest this Year Number #21


The acts are up for JazzFest and it's going to be a good one this year. JazzFest is the last weekend of April and the first weekend of May. I've decided to do my TT this week on the top 13 acts I want to see. If you click on their name it'll take you to their site where you can check more about them and hear some of their music.

1. Lucinda Williams: She is one of my favorite singers and I have yet to see her. Everytime she's come here something has happened to stop me from seeing her.

2. Alexa Ray Joel: This is the daughter of Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley. I've listened to this cd quite a lot since I got it. I really like her.

3. Subdudes: Another great band from New Orleans. I've been wanting to see them for awhile but every time they're here I somehow end up not being able to see them.

4. T Bone Burnett: Known more as a producer than a singer, he has released some great albums over the years.

5. Gillian Welch: A roots style singer.

6.Amanda Shaw: Teenage fiddle sensation from Covington Louisiana. Another performer I've seen many times. She is growing and merging as a great singer and performer as she gets older.

7. Marcia Ball: A wonderful bluesy singer from Texas with roots in Louisiana.

8. Shannon McNally: One of my favorite performers.

9. Theresa Anderson: Another local performer and another favorite.

10. Johnny Rivers: The singer of Memphis, Secret Agent Man and a slew of other hits.

11. Counting Crows: A group that I haven't seen before that I think would be interesting.

12. John Boutte: A New Orleans jazz/soul singer. Last year I didn't see him but his performance at the JazzFest was one of the talks of the show.

13. Charmine Neville: Daughter of Art Neville of the Neville Brothers and a great singer in her own right.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you get to see all of them

Travis Cody said...

I didn't know Johnny Rivers was still perfoming.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/