Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I am a Hypcrite

I hate guns.

I mean I really hate guns. I think a lot of our problems have to do with guns. But I hear you ask, what about guns for protection?

Two stories: The first one is from the news awhile back. A man was pulling into a parking lot. He cut off another driver for a parking spot. The cut off driver pulled a gun from his glove comptment and shot and killed the other driver. He said he was sorry but that he had just gotten so mad at the time he didn't realize what he was doing.

The second is from a lady that used to work for me. Her husband worked offshore so he got a gun for her to have for protection. One night she woke up to hear a noise in her apartment. He was offshore. She took the pistol for the dresser drawer, undid the safety and put her finger on the trigger. Someone walked into the bedroom and she rasied the gun to shoot. At the last moment she realized it was her husband. He was home earlier and wanted to surprise her.

Lately I've been thinking I want a gun. All you hear on the news is about the looters. Looters are everywhere. I'm living in a neighborhood which is still pretty empty of other people. There's not a lot of people back here yet.

What would I do if someone tried to break into my home? What could I do?

So that's all it takes for me to throw away my ideals. Fear. Get a little scared and I'm ready to chuck everything I've believed in and thought.

I don't want a gun. But I do want a gun.

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/