Sunday, February 01, 2009

Bob Dylan and Will.I.Am Commercial

I didn't watch that much of the game. I didn't get off work until the second quarter was over half over with. I sat down and watched because I didn't want to miss the Half Time show and I wanted to see some of the commercials. During the Super Bowl the ad companies roll out their most inventive commercials. Maybe they did during other parts of the game, but from what I saw I wasn't that impressed. After halftime I didn't watch anymore of the game. I had it on while I was in the other room on the computer so I listened to it.

I missed this commercial when it came on but I had already read about it so I was intrigued. I love this version of the song between these two singers, Dylan and Will.I.Am. I'm always a little...I'm not sure exactly what, somewhat taken aback I guess, when I hear a song from someone like Dylan used as a commercial. It was Dylan in the ad and he agreed so I can't complain too much, he can use his songs however he wants. And now days music is used to sell everything. I just guess I still have some of that feeling that some songs shouldn't be used to sell things. But I really do like this song.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Jessica said...

ooh, I really liked that ad! I'm with you though...it's always a tough call, with me, about using songs like that to sell things.

John Holland said...

It is such a great song, one of my favorites. But I guess if the artist that created the song wants to use it for commercials who am I to argue? At least it's not like with the Beatles music that gets licensed because they don't own the publishing rights to their own songs. So they have no say.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/