Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sanjaya Malakar


I haven't watched a lot of American Idol this year. Last year it was easier for me to watch, I was working day shift all the time, this year my schedule varies day to day, with nights and days mixed, so sometimes I'm not home to watch it. But even still, I don't think I'd be that interested in it this year even if I was working early. I've caught bits and pieces of a couple shows and that's about it. The biggest difference to me is the singers. Last year they had a group of talented singers who made it interesting to watch and listen. This year I haven't really heard any that I can get that excited about. There are a couple of the girls that are good, but none of them get me caught up in their music.


And than there is Sanjaya Malakar. There's been a lot written about him and how bad he is and how he just keeps winning every week when everyone keeps predicting that this week will finally be the week he gets kicked off, only to return the next week, a lot of the time not even getting voted in the bottom three.


It's time to start thinking that he may actually win this thing. And I have a prediction if he does. The producers and record makers will whisk him away to make his winner's album and they will ditigalize and tweak and put his voice through so many computers and machines that he'll come out sounding like a new person. And they'll just say it was their training that took a voice that really wasn't that bad and made it better, let's not talk about the computers and machines that we used.


It could happen. It happens all the time. Just ask Paula Abdul.

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/