Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Major Construction

As anyone that has been here more than once can tell, this blog is way different. Different design, different color, all around different. It's also missing a bunch of stuff. I'm in the process of redoing this blog. Blogger keeps bragging about how much easier beta blogging is, so I'm trying it, but it lost me everything that I had added over the last year. I'm going to see if I can add it back, but you don't use normal html tags, it's widgets? Anyone that has been dealing with beta and can help me add links and such back to the sidbars, your help would be greatly appreciated. I also upgraded to Internet Explorer 7, which also dropped a lot of stuff from my blog when I tried to view it. I've tried Firefox and get the same problem. So maybe starting from scratch with Beta will get me the ability to use Firefox. I'll see...if it doesn't work out I'll just go back to my old html user friendly format.

4 comments:

Hen Jen said...

Gosh, you are scaring me about beta, I was just thinking about finally making the switch, but I am so afraid of losing everything. You are right, they do paint it as soo easy...

Jenny

John Holland said...

It's really not that bad. The good thing is that it saves your old blog whenever you switch over so you can click back to it without a problem and have everything still. I ended up going back and forth a few times until I started to get the hang of the beta system. I think it will be easier now that I'm getting it, but I guess just like anything else it takes some getting used to.

masgblog said...

Beta Blogger is cool. You can use the widgets AND you can move them around AND you can still use regular HTML. I am using combinations of things.

Also, before I switched, I copied my old template to Notepad and brought things over bit by bit. I love the new look and the way things now appear. So all goodness.

John Holland said...

Yea, I think I've got the hang of it now. Now that I know what I'm doing it is really a lot easier. I'm just so computer dumb that it takes me a little longer to figure things out on here. But now that I have I really do like beta better, it makes it a lot easier to change things around or even add them.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/