Saturday, October 14, 2006

Who's Ezra and why do they think they're better than him?

Went to see Better Than Ezra last night at the House of Blues. BTE is a home town band. Heather, Nicole and Sean all came to see the show. I've never seen them before. (The band that is, I've seen my friends before.)

I was very pleasantly surprised to find Susan Cowsill was the opening act. I am a big fan of hers and would have paid to just go see her in concert. She put on a great show.

By the time BTE came on the place was packed. I will say that they have a very fanatical following. I don't know if I've ever seen the place as crowded. And most of the audience sings along to every song. They put on a good show, but I am probably the only one in the 1500 there that liked the opening act more. I like their show, they did some covers, all their hits, but there was just something lacking about it. Everyone there would disagree with me but I felt like it was lacking passion, which I thought Susan more than made up in. Like I said I enjoyed the show, just wouldn't rate it as one of my top shows.

3 comments:

John Holland said...

Yeah, she's from the Cowsills from the sixties. They had a hit with Hair from the movie. They were the inspiration for the Partidige Family. Her brother Barry lived in New Orleans also, and died during Katrina. His body was found on the docks after the storm. The day of his funeral her older brother died, I think of a heat attack. She's had a rough year. She also sang in a group called the Continetal Drifters. At 47 she's making her solo debut she likes to say.

Sydney said...

Ok, so I searched around on the internet and it seems that speculation has it that "Better than Ezra" used to just be "Ezra" but then found there was another band going by that name or starting to go by that name so they started going by "Better than Ezra" to distinguish themselves from the other band.

Don't know if that's the real skinny or not, but that's a story circulating on the net.

John Holland said...

Wow, even if that's not true that's an interested story. The only Ezra I could come up with was the poet, Ezra Pound, but why would they think they're better than him?


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/