Wednesday, October 25, 2006

TV Show Roundup

Just some observations on some of the new shows so far:

Heroes: The first episode I wasn't thrilled with, but each episode since has gotten me more hooked on this show. The newest show continued the streak. The scene with Nathan about to get beaten up or worse, when he just zips into the sky and takes off...very cool.

Studio 60: I hate to say that I'm not sure about this one. I loved West Wing. As the West Wing was ultimately the story of Josh Lyman, I think this show will be about the friendship between Bradley Whitford and Matthew Perry. Some of it is very good, but the biggest problem is that it just doesn't seem to be about anything. I know it is, but after watching an episode it just seems to have not mattered.

30 Rock: Can't say much, I've only seen one and a half episodes, but from what I've seen it's pretty dumb. I was thinking this would be good. I like Tina Fey. But this show is so over the top with its humor it just loses me. It's like a long Saturday Night Live skit.

The Class: Started off terrible I thought. Gotten a little better, but it had no where to go but up. I still think it has some really terrible characters and writing but every now and than it made me chuckle.

Veronica Mars: Love it, still one of my favorite shows on tv. I just hope it survives, they've only ordered 13 episodes. If you're not watching this show you should be. With West Wing no longer on it is probably the best show on tv right now.

LOST: Some very interesting moments. I'm not crazy about Kate picking Sawyer, I think she should have picked Jack. The problem with this show is that it's hard to judge until you watch the entire season. I remember watching season two and not really liking it that much, but later when I watched it all on the dvd collection I found my thoughts changed. Still the first episode had a Wow scene right from the start.

Smallville: Only caught one episode so far, missed the first episode of the season. I've come to the conclusion that Lana is....well I don't' want to say what I think she is. She condemns Clark for keeping secrets but she is quick to keep her secrets and she doesn't seem to have much problems with Lex keeping secrets. Clark needs to get over her and move on. I still think that they should have killed her off instead of his father last season.

How I Met Your Mother: This series has grown on me. Of course Barney is great. But I think the writers have boxed themselves into a corner, Robin and Ted have been written to belong together like Ross and Rachel in Friends, in an episode from the first season evidently Ted tells his kids about Aunt Robin, meaning Robin isn't the Mother in the title. To me they've written these two characters to belong together. But maybe they're working that out now, with bringing them together, eventually they'll have to break them up. Maybe get rid of that feeling in the series.

Friday Night Lights: This is the show that all the non sport geeks are saying that "I don't like football, but I like this show." It's that good a show. They've kept me watching and like the geek above, I'm not really a fan of sport shows or sports.

That's about all the shows I've been watching. I haven't been able to catch all the episodes of any of these shows. NBC.com has been showing the entire shows, I managed to catch the newest Heroes since I had to work that night. I'm not sure if all the networks are doing this or not.

And finally the third season of WINGS just came out on DVD this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the "Smallville" episodes with Oliver Queen/Green Arrow? At the end of the second one, they seemed to be hinting at the beginnings of the Justice League. I wonder if that was just a little nod towards us fanboys, or something they'll develop further.

John Holland said...

From what I've read they have an upcoming episode called "Justice" that will feature Green Arrow, Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash...all the hero characters that have appeared so far. Should be pretty cool.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/