Sunday, March 29, 2009

Voices to hear


It's been awhile since I did much posting over at my music site Voices to hear. Well I'm going to make up for that now. If you haven't checked it out give it a try. I'm trying to highlight musical artists at this site that you don't hear a lot of. I do profiles on them, record reviews and I have an interview called Simply Six where I ask as many artists as I can get ahold of the same six question. I've had Matthew Ryan, Shannon McNally, Susan Cowsill, Brian Stoltz, Tristan Prettyman and a lot of others answer. It's a fun little interview.

I've also just written a post entitled "CDs vs. Digital" which was partly inspired by some writing on here about the two forms of music.

If you like muisc I hope you'll like this site. If you check it out check out some of the artists that I've spotlighted or interviewed. I try to include a link to their MySpace page and a place to get some of their music. New Music needs our support.

Related articles by Zemanta
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

aims said...

thanks for the reminder - just added it as one of my "favorites" so I remember to check it out more often. Have you done anything on the Alternate Routes? You should check them out.

John Holland said...

Thanks for the add. I've been remiss in doing anything on that site for a long time, but have started again. Just in the last day I've got about four or five Simply Six interviews emailed me back. I've never heard of Alternate Routes, but I will definitely check them out since I know how good your taste in music is.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Alternate Routes are excellent.

And Voices is now in MY FRIENDS list

I love the simply six idea and might steal/borrow it with some of the artists I do my New Music Monday's on.

John Holland said...

Thanks, Vinny. I was looking for something simple (hence the name) and easy to do and I thought it would be interesting to see the same questions answered by different artists. I think the fact that it's not a long interview has helped me get so many different people to agree to it.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/