Saturday, August 16, 2008

Backups

Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most computer literate person in the world. I end up getting things done, but sometimes I'm not sure how I got where I wanted to go. I decided I needed to get something to back up my computer. Yesterday I updated my I Tunes and when I went to open the I Tunes to download some more music to my Ipod it vanished for a second and than came back. But for a brief second there I was afraid that I had somehow lost my I Tunes library....over 11,000 songs. Besides the amount of time it would take to download all these songs again, some of them I have no farther access to in order to download, buying them from others sites and such. So I decided that an external back up was in order. And today when visiting my brother he wanted to go to Circuit City and while there they had this particular Back Up on sale for $99.00. Normally it's $140.00 so I decided that this was a message to me, buy it now.

This is the one I purchased:

My Book® Home Edition
External Hard Drives
500 GB, USB 2.0, FireWire 400, eSATA

3 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Good purchase! I keep saying I need to do the same thing. It's going to take me awhile longer to get to 11k songs, but at 7k it's long past time that I got a little security with my catalog.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I so need to get something like that. I'd croak if I lost my songs.

John Holland said...

Yeah, when I had that fleeting thought that I had lost all my songs, it was pretty bad. I figured it was definitely time to get a back up.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/