Sunday, August 21, 2005

Phone Call From Iraq

The other day, it was one day last week, I was paged for a phone call at work.  This is not unususal, I get lots of calls from customers and associates calling in sick and lots of other reasons.  So I didnt' think much of it.  I was surprised with I answered it and heard Jerry on the other end.  Jerry is an old friend from my Service Merchandise days.  I worked with him there for quite a few years.  Jerry and I haven't talked in awhile.  The last time we had talked he had called me wanting to know if it was allright to use me as a reference, he was looking for a job.  I was glad to let him.  There are few harder working people in the world than Jerry. 
 
When I first answered the phone there was a pause after I said hello.  I thought no one was there and was just about to hang up when I heard Jerry's voice.  He was calling from Iraq. 
 
He said he had been over there for a year now and was getting ready to come home in another month or so.  We talked for a little while.  I could tell that things weren't that great.  He told me that he had lost some friends over there.   It had not been a happy experience.
 
So his phone call makes me wonder.  President Bush doesn't want to talk to Cindy Sheenan and explain to her why we're over there.  Than explain it to me.  Explain it to all of us.   And explain it without falling back on your ususal blah blah blah.  We have our men and women dying over there, we have men and women from Iraq dying over there....for what? 
 
Can someone explain it to me?

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/