Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I Hate Seinfeld

Gasp!
 
I can hear the collective intake of breath now.  How can I hate this show?  Every critic worth their title list this show as one of the top five comedy shows ever made.  It was the darling of the public. 
 
Ok, I'm not sure what made me go off on this rant.  I think I just saw the name Seinfeld in some article about something else entirely and it made me go off.  I really do hate this show.  I know it's not healthy to hate.  And I shouldn't get worked up over a television show.  But I can't help it.
 
All the characters in this show were obnoxious, mean spirited and worse of all, not funny.  I couldn't stand the characters in the show.  I didn't want to watch thirty minutes of them doing nothing.  I didn't want to watch thirty minutes of them doing something.  And the worst sin of all, the most unforgiving one for a comedy show, I just didn't find it funny. 
 
When it was on in prime time I may have watched parts of a few eposides.   In syndication I've watched a few more bits an pieces.  But I just can't watch an entire show.  If I don't like a show I can just ususally ignore it, but for some reason this show grates on my nerves.  It's like sticking bambo shoots under my fingernails....
 
You get the point.  I really don't like this show.

6 comments:

Laura Lee said...

shhhhhh...dont tell anyone...

but me either ;) annoying as hell

LiVEwiRe said...

How funny - I wasn't a fan either. Had roomates that watched and every now and then I caught a funny line but the worst part of it all, to me... Jerry Seinfeld. Soooo not funny.

LiVEwiRe said...

Next week on your therapy couch I'll reveal that I didn't like Pulp Fiction either. =)

John Holland said...

Glad to see that there are others out there that don't like Seinfeld too. Everyone always acts like its so great. And livewire you're right, the bigget part of the problem is Jerry Seinfeld. I didn't find him funny.

colleen said...

i've never seen an entire episode of Seinfeld before...
just never appealed to me.

John Holland said...

Wow, I knew there was a reason I like all of your blobs...you all have such great taste! We should form a "We hate Jerry Seinfeld" club.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/