Thursday, November 25, 2010

TV to Watch

The new season is well underway so I thought I'd take a few minutes to share some of my favorites so far.  When I switched from the cable company to Direct TV they offered a free DVR with my order and I'm glad that they did.  It's so much better than trying to use a VCR trying to record a new show.  I just program what shows I want to watch and it records it, no matter what time it comes on.  I've found I end up rarely watching a lot of shows when they first come on, I wait until I have some free time and than I'll sit down and watch.  The cool thing about this is I might not watch a show for two or three weeks, so when I finally sit down to watch it I'l have multiple shows to watch at one time.

So in no particular oder are some of my favorites:

The Big Bang Theory:  This is one of my favorite comedies and most of the time actually makes the characters believable for more than just the next joke.  My biggest worry is that because Sheldon has proven the "funniest" character it seems he has been dominating the show lately.  I like Leonard and Penny and the other characters and while Sheldon is very funny, I want to watch more than just him.  I'm hopeful, the last show I watched looks like it might lead back to the Leonard/Penny relationship, which I loved.

Cougar Town:  Finally Courtney Cox has found a show worthy of her since Friends.  This show is so crazy but in the end it is still filled with so much heart that it makes it a worthy watch.

Modern Family:  Another good show, I don't know if I'm as in love with it as most critics, but I still like it and find it funny.

Castle:  Nathan Fillion.  No more need be said.

Sons of Anarchy:  I started watching this last year and somehow found myself mesmerized.  It's one of those shows I would not have thought I would enjoy, but find myself really looking forward to it.  It's about a motorcycle gang and it doesn't try to pretend that the members are just misunderstood or anything, but while you're watching it you find yourself rooting for them and even caring about them.

Smallville:  I didn't catch all the episodes from last season but the ones I did I wasn't that thrilled with.  It seemed that the series was getting tired.  And Clark's whining was really starting to get on my nerves.  But this year, it's Final Season has been great.  I've still got a couple episodes on the dvr I haven't watched yet, but the ones I have so far have been really good.  We can see Clark making that final step to being Superman.  It would be great if this show just turned into Metropolis and we saw the early years of Superman.

NICS:  One of my favorite shows of all time.  This show just keeps getting better and better.  I love all the characters, but Abby is awesome.   Something I realized I liked about this show the other day.  Gibbs, when he dates, goes out with women his own age or close to it.  You don't see GIbbs dating younger women, the few times one has come on to him, he steers it away from himself.  You don't see Gibbs having a relationship or dating the two female leads.  He is a father figure to them.  I like that.  Most shows Gibbs would have already had a fling with Ziva and probably be eying Abby up.  Just one of the small things you don't really think about, but that makes this show so good.

Terriers:  My favorite show of the year.  Next week is the season finale, so if you haven't started watching yet it might be too late.  But if you can catch it in reruns do so.  This show is, as far as I'm concerned, the best show on TV right now.  Earlier this year they tried to bring back Rockford Files with new actors, but it was so bad that it didn't even get past an unaired pilot.  To me this is Rockford Files updated and not just a retread, but keeping what made that show so good.  Watch this show.  I love the characters.

That's all I can think of at the moment.  I'm sure as soon as I post this I'll remember some show that I will wonder how I could have forgotten it.  But you can't go wrong watching these shows.

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/