Friday, August 14, 2009

New Cell Phone


I realized that I haven't been very good on blogging over here lately. I've been spending a lot of time on re-working my music site Voices to hear and this blog has unfortunately gotten the short end of the stick.

What made me realize how lacking I've been in keeping everyone up to date on here was that I haven't mentioned the fact that I bought a Palm Pre. I've had it for awhile now and have never once mentioned it here.

I admit it, I'm a gadget freak. I can't help it. I know it wasn't that long ago I bought the Instinct and was blogging about it here. In fact I didn't think I would be able to get the Pre, because I figured that it was too soon to get the deal. But they let me get it for the renewal price and I went with it.

I liked the Instinct, but it seemed Sprint pretty much decided to ignore it after they built it up as the I Phone killer. No apps, no real support behind it.

Now along comes the Pre and a lot of the hype I heard about the Instinct is being parroted for the Pre. But one big difference I think, the Pre is Palm's last big hope and they have to support it if they want to survive as a company.

So how do I like it? I really do like it. Palm is still way behind in making apps for the phone, but there are now over a hundred homebrew apps out there. I've got an app that translates for me, will convert currency, a comic strip app and many more.

I'm hoping that this will be my phone for awhile. I like it so far and hopefully will continue to like it and use it and not want to get another one too soon.

I know, it's a sickness....I can't help wanting the newest gadget....


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/