Tuesday, May 27, 2008

If I Didn't Have Bad Luck....

You know the old joke, if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Thursday I was scheduled to have my gall bladder removed. They were going to use the Laparoscopic method which basically involves three small slits and my navel to take the gall bladder out. This method usually takes about 45 minutes. The other method is called Open Removal where they make an incision about six inches long on the stomach and go in that way. This usually takes about 90 minutes.

I was in surgery for three hours. They tried the Laparoscopic method, but just could not get it to work. My gall bladder was full of gall stones. So they ended up having to change plans in mid stream and go to the open method.

Unfortunately the first method means an overnight stay in the hospital which I was expecting, not the five days I ended up there. Also the recovery time is a lot quicker and easier because you have a smaller incision to heal.

So I'm home for at least the next two weeks healing. I go back to the Doctor this Thursday and hopefully I'll know more about when I can go back for sure. The worst part is that next week I was supposed to go visit my Mom and there's no way I'm going to be able to make that trip right now.

Well, that's why I haven't been online for the last few days, I'm going to try to stay on more, but sitting up is only good for brief times, at least for the moment.

2 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Wow. That really sucks. Hopefully everything is squared away now and you can focus on healing and getting better.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, John! I hope you feel better...I've been away from visiting due to several reasons so I have some catching up to do!


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/