Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fun Friday

Friday night about four in the a.m. I woke up with a pain in my chest. It felt like someone was driving a spike through my chest. All I can say is that it hurt. It lasted about an hour. I wasn't sure if I was having a heart attack or not. I didn't think I was, it didn't feel like one. Not that I've ever had one, so who was I to know. But from what I've heard of one, except for the pain in the chest it didn't feel like one. Still I thought about getting dressed and going to the emergency room. When my appendix's went bad a few years ago, my not wanting to go to the doctor almost cost me my life. But I'm hardheaded when it comes to going to the doctor. I'll struggle with pain before I go, I know it doesn't make sense, it's just the way I am.

Well after about an hour the pain subsided enough for me to go back to sleep. A few hours later I had to get up for work. When I work up I was still in pain, not as much as the initial pain that work me, but still hurting. I went to work just as they were opening the building. I mentioned to my boss what was going on and he told me I needed to go to the doctor. So I decided that maybe I should. I went to the emergency room.

They hooked me up to a bunch of wires and stuff and gave me the good news that it didn't look like it was my heart. They sent me down for an ultrasound. That was weird, laying there watching her take the ultrasound and seeing my kidney, liver, gall bladder and other organs on the screen. Not that I really could tell what they were.

Back to the room and about twenty minutes later the doctor came in to tell me it was my gall bladder. I had trouble with it years ago, but only once so they decided not to do anything about it. This time they want to take it out. I have to call the surgeon tomorrow and set an appointment.

I'm feeling better, but still not all that great. I'll be glad when it's finished and hopefully I'll be feeling better.

1 comment:

Travis Cody said...

I'm glad it wasn't a heart attack. Take care.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/