Tuesday, May 13, 2008

American Idol

I've realized that I'm not that excited about any of the final American Idol finalists. I agree with a lot of people that David Cook is talented, but I just can't get excited about him. Nowdays it seems all rockers have the same voice. And don't get me started on the other David. Yes, I know he's talented, but every time he opens his mouth he bores me. I think Syesha Mercado has improved the most over the course of the show. At the start I really didn't think she'd make it past the middle rounds, but here she is in the final three. Her last few shows have been the ones that interest me the most. But I think she'll be voted off tomorrow night, the judges weren't kind to her tonight. Still of the three I liked her the best tonight and last week. She did good with Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Going To Come."

3 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

See I like David Cook. Yes all "rocker" voices (particularly on Idol) sound alike but give me a rocker over yet another sappy cookie cutter pop/R&B singer.

I am loathe to even call it R&B as it bears no resemblence to the R&B of the 60's and 70's.

Travis Cody said...

I prefer to think of DC as a vocalist I really enjoy, regardless of what he sings. I'm looking forward to the kind of CD he's going to make.

aims said...

The camera catching Simon during Fantasia's performance on Wednesday was PRICELESS! Does he not realize cameras will be on him?

I thought the judges have been too hard on Sayesha, I liked her, and would have love to see her and DC in the final two. If Archalette wins, I might have to kill my television.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/