Friday, September 22, 2006

Leaving

I learned that two people that work with me will be quiting within the week. Now this is not something new, a lot of people that work with me quit. Sometimes I even fire a few of them. But these two people have been with me for the last seven years. They worked for me when I was a manager at Service Merchandise and followed me to my new location after that company went out of business.

They both started for me when they were in their teens. Now in their early twenties they have found it time to move on. I don't fault them. I knew they weren't going to be with me forever, but it almost feels like a child leaving home. I like to think that I've had some small part in helping them become the person they are now.

Good luck to the both of them. I'm sure they will continue to grow and become wonderful people.

3 comments:

LiVEwiRe said...

I'm sure you had a large part in them becoming who they are now. Just the fact that they followed you there and stayed so long says alot. Either way, endings are hard. Just remind them to spread their wings and fly as they leave the nest.

holymotherofgod said...

Isn't that weird when that happens ?!
We've had a mass exodus from our workplace in recent yrs of "lifers" (long term people)..
Well, not really a mass exodus, maybe a dozen or two out of 250. But still, it sure changes the dynamic in the workplace when they go. You get used to hearing a certain laugh, their stories, seeing them in the lunchroom, yada yada.
Yup, I hear this post....

Anonymous said...

Awww... John!! I haven't been on your site in forever but I did today. I almost cried after reading this!!! It sucks that Timmy left, but I will still be there on some weekends!! And it's not like you won't see me anymore... we are going to concerts and movies again and will continue to. Even if ya do end up losing me as an associate... you will NEVER lose me as a friend!!


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/