Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I Hate Charter Communications

Ok, I had just got back from Disney World, had time to post a few pictures. Was planning on posting more pictures and maybe even a few words and what happens? My cable and internet go down. They're both connected, coming from that fine upstanding company Charter Communications. I call them, they tell me someone will call me within a hour to give me details on when they can come fix my said problems. An hour goes by, I stay calm, figuring things could be busy. I don't want to be one of those people that call right on the hour screaming about them forgetting me. So I give them another hour. The person I get this time all but laughs at me when I tell them I was told someone would call me back within an hour. No, no, no she says. It will be at least a day.

So without going into a lot of boring give and take over the next few days that was the essence of my conversations with the people at the other end of the phone that represent Charter. Everytime I called I was given a different story. Once they even canceled my appointment. The first thing they ask you everytime you call is for your phone number. Once I call the person complained that the tech didn't have my number to reach me, this after repeately being told I didn't have to be home. I maybe not so politely pointed out that they had my phone number about a dozen times. By this point what little patience I had was quickly leaving me. She commented that whoever had taken my problem down had forgot to put it on the sheet they fill out. And that's my fault how?!?

They promise no more than 48 hours to get a problem fixed. It took four days to get mine fixed. And I would have been allright with that, maybe a little cranky but understanding if they had told me that so at the start. But everyone I talked to promised me something different everytime. A call back that never came. A tech showing up within a day that never came.

And I knew what the problem was. I have new neighbors behind me. They were looking for their water values which are underground. No one could tell them where they were so they've been doing a lot of digging. They accidentally cut my cable. I even went out and pulled the cut cable up and left it standing up so the tech could find it easier. I told this to everyone I talked to.

When a tech finally showed up it took him all of five minutes to fix the problem. Now I have cable and internet. But I am way behind on posting here and checking out other blogs.

(The problem is that companies like Charter have a monopoly on their services. One cable company per town. Why do they care how bad their service is? They figure where else are you going to go to?)

5 comments:

Me, Not You said...

Oh, but maybe you do... You could go to satellite for your television and get your internet through DSL.

Actually, if you can afford it, you may be able get internet access through your satellite company too.
I don't know about there, but here satellite internet is quite expensive. I don't know how good the service is either.
Anyhow, just a thought...

LiVEwiRe said...

Funny how the word 'Communications' is right in their name yet they appear to have a serious LACK of communication when it comes to everyone being on the same page. Ugh. Sympathies.

Anonymous said...

Well, we do get really busy, like today, there was an outage, there wasnt a single second to rest today, and now i cant talk.

mbuitron said...

I'm dealing with a billing nightmare from them right now:
http://imoralist.blogspot.com/2006/07/charter-communications.html

Unknown said...

I was tired of dealing with Charter and their bad customer service so I switched over to work/subscribe with DISH Network. It was a great move on my end and I haven't had any problems! Did you know that DISH has been ranked #1 among all satellite and cable providers in customer satisfaction? I didn't but I do now since I switched! :)


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/