Saturday, August 28, 2010

LOST Season Six on DVD



The final season of Lost came out on DVD this week.  I haven't purchased it yet, but I will.  I have the previous five seasons, so it's just a matter of time before I buy this one.  I think I'll wait and see if it goes down it price some and until I'm ready to watch the entire six seasons.  When I do buy this season I plan to go back to season one and start at the beginning and watch it all in one long continuous session.

I never wrote my wrap up post about the ending of Lost, so after I watch the series hopefully I'll sit down and write my thoughts on it.  To sum it up quickly: I think how much you enjoyed the ending of Lost was where you came down on the Faith vs. Reason argument that was the basis for the ending.  If you favored Faith you liked the ending, if you were on the side of Reason you probably didn't enjoy the ending as much.  I was with Reason, so to me the ending wasn't what I was hoping for.  I knew it wasn't going to tie up all the loose ends, but it really tied up very few.  They left way too many holes, I think mainly because they had written themselves into a corner and had no idea how to explain some of the stuff.  I have nothing against happy endings, but to me it felt like it was forced, so everyone on the island got a happy ending.  And Sayid's true love was Shannon.  I'm sorry I just can't believe that.

Allright, I'll stop here before I continue to rant, but I really want to write up my thoughts soon on the ending.  I still think Lost was one of the best shows ever on TV and I was afraid a bad ending would spoil the entire show I still think the series holds up, despite the ending.

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/