Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste

Ok, yesterday I did something I have never done before. I got up around nine and jumped on the computer, checked out a few sites and than decided that I was going to go see The Dark Knight. I figured early in the day I wouldn't have to deal with a full theater full of people talking over the movie. I figured after the movie I would head over to Best Buy and check out any new releases that came out yesterday. (There's a clue in that sentence.)

I was enjoying the movie when my phone vibrated. I always make sure I put my phone on vibrate when I go to the movies. I hate when I hear someones phone ring while I'm watching a movie, and than worse when they answer it and start talking. I took a quick glance at my phone to see who was calling. It was work. I thought to myself, there can't be more than twenty minutes of the movie left I wonder if whatever they're calling about can wait. I decided it could. I put my phone back up.

And than it hit me! I was off Wednesday this week. It was Tuesday. (New releases of cds and movies come out on Tuesday.) Somehow I got up and believed it was Wednesday. I misplaced an entire day. I jumped up and ran from the movie. Leaving the last twenty minutes of The Dark Knight still to be seen.

I couldn't belive it. To understand the panic I was feeling you have to understand that I am never late for work. Work was calling because they were getting worried that some new medical malady had struck me down, they knew I wasn't late for work. I still can't believe I did this.

Of course once I got to work everyone had a good laugh about it. All day long I felt like I was playing catch up. I was actually less than an hour late to work.

It's terrible when the mind goes.

2 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

Go back and watch it again!

Seriously we are going to IMAX tonight. As for missing and entire day, I would SO do that.

Travis Cody said...

Oh no!

I think we'll try to see the film tomorrow. I have the day off and I think the perfect thing to do is kidnap my lady and go to a movie.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/