Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Health Update

I figured it's been awhile since I talked about my health. (I feel like some old geezer that has nothing better to talk about but his health problems.) It's been four weeks since they removed my gall bladder. I actually went back to work last week. There were a few days there that I wondered if I had done the right thing, I was coming home from work so tired. And that was work where I did nothing really physical. No one at work will let me pick anything up, so I walk around a lot. But I think I'm doing better. I'm not going to feel better overnight, the doctor said it would take at least six weeks before I should be doing any real lifting. But even though I still get tired a lot quicker than normal, I'm able to last longer than before.

And I was at PetSmart today getting some drops for Buffy's ears when the assistant Vet leaned over the counter and with a grave voice asked if she could ask me a personal question. When I told her yes she asked me if I had lost some weight recently. I told her yes but that she didn't want to go on my diet plan. But I still felt good that I've lost enough weight that others are noticing, especially people that I don't deal with on a day to day basis.

So it's getting better every day.

4 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

My daughter just hit the 6 week mark after her surgery and she is finally able to lift stuff again. Not that she probably followed the doctor's orders!

Travis Cody said...

It always takes time to heal up. Just keep taking it easy.

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself and continue to get better! I'm glad someone noticed your weight loss, though.

Have a great weekend.

John Holland said...

Yea, at least if I had to go through all this I got something out of it, but the important thing...and the hard thing, is to keep the weight back off and not just regain it.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/