Sunday, February 17, 2008

More Vinyl to Ipod


It's been busy around here lately, with me not being home long enough to do much of anything, but today I spent a little free time converting some more vinyl to the Ipod. I have a 4 hour drive tomorrow, so I need some tunes on the Ipod. (Actually according to Itunes if I started now it would take me almost twenty days to listen to all the songs I already have on my Ipod.)
First up was the first album by the Rainmakers. This is a mostly unknown band from the 80s. They were one of my favorite groups when they first came out. Their music was full of passion and really rocked. They put out a few albums and than kind of drifted apart to come back together once or twice, but never really did much else. The lead singer and writer of the group Bob Walkenhorst has put out a solo album that I don't have. In researching more on this group I've discovered I'm missing a few albums that they put out later that I need to get, including a live one.
I realized that I don't have any Who in my Ipod. Now at one point in my life I wouldn't make it through a day without listening to some Who. While I'm not quite as fanatical about the group now I still like them a lot. So I had to figure out which album to download. I wanted to put their classic Who's Next but for the life of me couldn't find it. (As I'm typing this I just realized where it is. I have about a dozen albums in frames hanging on the wall. And this is one of those albums. Duh!)
Finally I managed to download Bob Marley's Legend album too. In fact that's the album I'm listening to now as it copies to the computer. Not a lot of albums this time, but it takes time and that's something I've been in short supply of lately. Another two weeks of this and hopefully things will be back to normal.

1 comment:

Travis Cody said...

Dude, we're on a similar schedule. I transferred some more cassettes to Itunes this weekend.

It sure is a long process though.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/