Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving and Work

I was going to say tomorrow is Thanksgiving, but technically it's Thanksgiving now since it's after midnight. I plan to post more later in the day, after I've had a few hours sleep, but I've just got home from work and doing a little blog checking and posting now. So anyone reading this now: Happy Thanksgiving! The next few days especially are going to be rough. I work in retail and everyone knows what the day after Thanksgiving is like. I'm lucky that the place I work at is closed on the holiday itself, a lot of retail establishments are starting to open on Thanksgiving itself. My last place, Service Merchandise, opened on the holiday. I remember one lady coming in on that day to shop and commented that it was so terrible that we had to work on Thanksgiving Day. Well, you know what I wanted to say to her: that if people like her wouldn't go out and shop on Thanksgiving Day than we wouldn't be open, but I smiled and thanked her and went on about my business. I predict that we will be opening on Thanksgiving before long, it's getting harder and harder for stores to hold out when everyone else is opening around them. No holidays are safe. It's really a shame.

All this means that if I disappear from posting now and than it's just because I'm overwhelmed at work, not that I'm vanishing for good. The days can get awful long and sometimes all I want to do is come home and go to bed, so we'll have to see how things go on a day to day basis.

2 comments:

Badeea said...

I enjoyed going through your blog. You are a true writer. I am working on becoming one too albeit not on the professional level.
Since you like reading check my Real Life blog at http://logic-life.blogspot.com/
Happy Thanksgiving.

Travis Cody said...

Glad you got Thanksgiving off at least. Good luck during this upcoming silly season.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/