Sunday, February 05, 2006


SMALLVILLE


Somehow I've never really watched this on tevlevsion.  I know, I know, the comic book geek not watching a comic book show, what is the world coming to?  I remember watching one, which I'll henceforth refer to as the Bug show, and not liking it.  I've caught lit bits and pieces over the last few years, but I never saw anything to grab hold of me and make me want to watch it.  Still I have friends that swear by this show.


So I decided to take a chance.  Sams had all four seasons of the DVD on sale for $23.00 a season.  I decided to take a chance and bought them.  I sat down and watched the first two episodes of Season 1.  The second episode was the aforementioned bug episdoe.  I hated it.  The rest of Season 1 sat around for months, I just couldn't get excited about going back to watching the rest of the season.  I finally decided to give it another shot.


I'm glad that I did.  Once I got started I couldn't stop.  I've now finished watching all four seasons of Smallville.  I have to say that I love it.  In some ways it reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, in terms of creating a believable world for the characters.  And we all know how much I like Buffy...can anyone remember the name of my dog?  


I think my favorite character is Lex Luther.  (Well except for Clark of course.)   One of the main themes of the show is the tragedy of Lex.  He doesn't start off as a bad guy.  He is a tormented young man that wants to do good, but so much seems to be against that side of his nature.  The friendship between Lex and Clark is geniune and will mean that much the worse when the break occurs.  


I managed to catch the 100th episode of tv the other night, the one where someone dies.  At first they made it look like it was going to be Lana, which I thought a very brave choice.  It would have meant a completely different show, but perhaps it would have given the chance for Clark and Lois to start moving towards each other.  But they ended up pulling a time traveling rabbit out of their hat and saving Lana and in the end it was Clark's Dad that died.  Which was the safe choice.  


 


No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/