Friday, March 25, 2005

Dog Day

Well today was an interesting day.

Buffy was scheduled for grooming this morning at eight and than she had a vet appointment at two in the afternoon. Now neither are things that Buffy gets excited about, but she's always been fairly good at them.

The morning started off good. I didn't even have to pick up her leash, I just said "Want to go out, Buffy" and she was at the door, tail wagging. She loves riding in the car. She sits up in the seat and just watches the scenary pass by. She was fascinated by an eighteen wheeler that passed us on our right, she kept staring at it as it passed us by.

She was good until we got in the back where the groomer was. When it was time to go in the back room, she tried to put her feet down and not go, but she ended up following the groomer. I left her to come pick her up in a few hours.

When I got to pick her up one of the groomers said Buffy had bit her. Nothing serious, no skin broken, but still it wasn't good. She never did anything like that before. Now I forgot to mention that Buffy has been having problems with her right ear. She keeps shaking her head and pawing at her ear. That's one of the main reasons for her vet appointment later today. All I could think of was that her ear was causing her problems. They also told me that they were a lot busier and things were a lot nosier than normal.

So brought Buffy home and the vet called, suggesting I bring Buffy in early and drop her off. They said ear swaps take some time and it would be easier if I just dropped her off. So back I go again. I was afraid Buffy wouldn't be as excited to get in the car this time, after her earlier experience. But as soon as she saw the leash she was ready to go and hop in the car.

After an hour or so the vet called. Buffy wouldn't let anyone near her. They suggested I come back and we would see what we could do.

I got there and was able to calm Buffy down and put a muzzle on her. The doctor tried to look at her ears, but Buffy wouldn't let her. She trashed around so much that it wasn't going to work. The doctor didn't want to give her a sedative because Buffy was too worked up and excited, she was afraid it would effect her blood pressure. So we decided to re schedule and they would give her something to knock her out when I brought her, she wouldn't have the whole morning at the groomers to get her excited beforehand.

I felt really bad. Buffy was having such a bad day. She never acts like that. She's never bit anyone. Sometimes she's a little shy around people, but once she gets to know someone she is ususally all over them. After we got home she's been great, sleeping on the floor right under me on the couch. Right now she's laying by the side of my chair as I type this.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Nice post. I'm a big fan of dogs. What Breed is Buffy?

Anyway, if you right click the photo and click on properties. The address that is listed in "Properties" should do the trick. Hopefully.

And thanks for the response. I like your blog too. Can I post link to it on my blog?


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/