Monday, January 11, 2010

New TV Show

I'm not a fan of all the CSI shows on TV.  The few times I've tried to watch them I never make it through an episode.  But whenever I go to visit my Mom, one of the shows we have to watch every Monday night is NCIS.  And if there's nothing else on she can always find a re run of the show somewhere on cable.  So slowly it's been burrowing under my skin.  The problem was that I saw the shows out of order and it didn't make sense.  This was Navy...so why was everyone in civilian clothes.  A little research and I discovered that NCIS is civilian. 

But slowly, oh so slowly, this show was growing on me.  Until now I'm a fan.  I've bought the first two seasons on DVD and am on my way through the second season now.  The first season was great.  There's an episode in the second season about a Medal of Honour winner that will hit you in the heart and hard.  It's an amazing piece of televsion. 

And my favorite character.  Why Abby of course!


4 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Have been a fan of the original CSI and the CSI/NY ...will even watch David Caruso make funny faces on CSI Miami...but have never gotten into the NCIS or the new NCIS LA

John Holland said...

I've never been able to get into CSI, any of them, and haven't really watched the NCIS spin off, but I am really enjoying NCIS. It's a lot better than I expected.

Travis Cody said...

Abby is one of the great characters on TV. And if the episode you refer to is the one with Charles Durning, then I agree completely that it is one of the best moments in weekly series programming.

I'm having trouble getting into the LA version of NCIS, but I love the original.

John Holland said...

I agree completely. Abby is so original, such a great character. And yes I'm talking about the episode with Charles Durning, I just saw it for the first time last week and was so amazed by it. The scene where Durning and Kate dance at the NCIS headquarters, where the other Marines see his Medal of Honour and jump to attention....so many great scenes. I also agree about the spin off, I haven't been able to get into it.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/