Thursday, April 03, 2008

I Pod Questions

Ok, I saw this over at Trav's site awhile back and have been meaning to do it, but lately just haven't had time to do much blogging at all. So I'm making some time now.

The rules:
1. Put your music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT. (This is in capital letters, so it is very serious.)

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY?

Hush by Maggie Brown.
Me being contrary I guess.

2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?

I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down by Elvis Costello
Kind of ironic since I don't drink at all and this makes me sound kinda...drunk maybe. Or maybe it's just means I'm not the most graceful person in the world.

3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?

War by Bruce Springsteen
Maybe this explains why I'm still single.

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?

Brother (On the Line) by Dave Alvin
A story about racial relations. I was talking to my brother (real one) earlier tonight about the presidental election, which is bringing racial issues to the front more than normal.

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?

Still Pretending by Tift Merritt
Wow, this one really does hit close to home. I've always thought I've been pretending to be an adult.

6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?

Sandwiches For The Road by the Drive by Truckers
What could be more important?

7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?

Little Wild One (No. 5) by Marshall Crenshaw
Hmmmm, maybe.

8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS?

Tomorrow's Gonna Be A Better Day by the Continental Drifters
Very true, especially for my Mother after everything that's happened in the last year.

9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?

Dream Lover by Ricky Nelson
I won't say anything else.

10. WHAT IS 2+2?

Push It by Garbage
No matter what the song that came up with that question it wasn't going to make sense, unless Bob Seger's 2+2 had come up, which would have been really weird.

11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?

Motivation by Sheryl Crow
One of my best friends could use a little motivation for sure.

12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?

The Outsider by Rodney Crowell
Why settle for someone ordinary?

13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?

True Love Way by Kings of Leon
It would be nice.

14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?

When You're Young In The City by Patti Scialfa
I guess maybe I'm starting to feel old.

15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE

Still Wonder by Johnny Lang
Nice.

16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?

Just Enough To Keep Me Hanging On by Linda Thompson

17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?

Come Home To Me by Steve Earle


18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?

Brothers Under the Bridge by Bruce Springsteen

19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?

1974 by Ryan Adams
If it means history than it could be right, not completely but I love to read about history.

20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?

He Thinks He'll Keep Her by Mary Chapin Carpenter

21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?

Monkey's Paw by House of Freaks

22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS?

Something I Can Feel by LeAnn Rimes

8 comments:

Unknown said...

HI ,
Increase your revenue 100% of your blog by converting into free website.
Convert your blog "yourname.blogspot.com" to www.yourname.com completely free.
Become proud owner of the (.com) own site .
we provide you free website+ free web hosting + list of your choice of
scripts like(blog scripts,CMS scripts, forums scripts and many scripts)
all the above services are absolutely free.
You can also start earning money from your blog by referring your friends.
Please visit www.hyperwebenable.com for more info.
regards
www.hyperwebenable.com

Cinnamon Girl said...

I have GOT to do this. I just dumped 6K songs in my iTunes library. Should be interesting. On a side note, LOVE Drive By Truckers =)

You ever hear any Spoon? I think you might like them.

aims said...

Love this! I too must try it. Did you cheat? They seem to perfect for the questions... hmm... Oh, and don't forget to increase your revenue 100%!

aims said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Travis Cody said...

Great job! I love your shuffle too...you've got some good stuff there.

John Holland said...

Starlight

I'll look forward to seeing you do this on your blog. Your Ipod should have some interesting songs. I have Spoon's newest which I like, but haven't really heard a lot of their older stuff. And I LOVE Drive by Truckers too! Last year at Voodoo Fest I contend they put on the best show by far.

John Holland said...

Aims,

I didn't cheat. Honest! I almost did when the second Bruce song came up, thinking I didn't want to have two songs by the same singer, but decided to go with it since it was what came up. Some of the songs really were a little too close to perfect. You'll have to let me know how you did when you do this.

And I did increas my revenue 100%.

John Holland said...

Travis,

Thanks for putting this on your site first, it was a lot of fun.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/