Monday, October 17, 2005

Paul Stewart R.I.P.



1940-2005
The last time I talked to him was through voice mail. It's been awhile since we actually talked. Once we were very good friends. When he moved to Californai and got married I was supposed to be his best man. It happened too quick for me to get off work and go out there. But somewhere along the way the calls slowed and we seemed to stop talking as much, than not at all. I don't think anything was wrong, our friendship just drifted away, as they sometimes do with distance. But I still considered him a friend and I hope he did me too.

Right after the hurricane I had a voice mail from him. He was calling to see if I was still alive, how bad things were. He sounded bad on the phone. Out of breath. I figured it was the cigarettes he smoked all his life. I called back but got his voice mai. I left a message that I was ok and that I would call him soon.

I never did make that phone call.

The other day I got a call from another good friend that he was dead. From cancer.

That's Paul on the left in picture. The one on the right is Mark, another good friend, the one that passed on his death to me.

Sometimes life sucks.

2 comments:

LiVEwiRe said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. Losing a friend is never easy and sometimes makes you feel worse when what could have been 'that last conversation' slips right by. Even if you'd spoken with him, you'd now be tortured in some other way from it. Life, and death, are both tricky that way. It sounds like your friendship made it through the years and that, if nothing else, should bring a smile to your face and a flood of fond memories. Don't beat yourself up over not making the call back... remember that you had your own set of circumstances to deal with at the time. Very sorry to hear this.

A. Klemmer said...

Yeah, sometimes live does suck. I'm sorry for your loss.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/