Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Nice Quiet Day

Today was going to be a nice, quiet day. It is actually Mardi Gras and I'm off but I was going to forgo the parades this year and spend it at home. I was planning to run to the local Barnes & Noble and pick up the rest of the Harry Dresden books, come home, read a little and get on the computer and update a few things and make some posts. But a relaxing day.

Ha! Should have known better.

I wasn't five minutes from my house when I hit a hole in the road. A big hole. Which caused my tire to go flat. I pulled over into a long driveway, so long that the house was about a half a mile down the road behind some trees. A pain, but no real problem I thought. Slap the spare on and I'll be on my way.

Double Ha! I got my spare, found my jack (it's tucked away in a hidden compartment on the side in my trunk and than realized that I didn't have a lug wrench. Not going to get that tire off without a lug wrench.

So I ended up having to call roadside service to come and change my tire for me. And what's worse. After they got they, I found my lug wrench. Did I feel like a total and complete idiot? Don't answer that.

I had been planning on replacing my back tires soon, they were starting to show some signs of wear. The two front tires were fairly new and didn't need replacing. Guess which tire I blew out? Yep, one of the front ones. I don't like getting just one tire for the front or back, I would rather keep them as a pair. So since I knew I needed back tires anway I ended up having to get four new tires today.

That's bad enough, but you know you never go into one of these places and get taken care of and sent on your way quickly. Three hours. The only good point is that the tire place is next to Best Buy and the mall so I had some place to kill some time while I waited.

So now I'm home and waiting for Heather to call so we can go get something to eat and I can go get those books I started out the day trying for.

Not exactly the quiet day I envisioned. So I'm not sure what I'll get posted on here today. I haven't spend a day just fiddling around on here for awhile, so now I'll just have to wait for another free day.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Oh dear! maybe you should of gone for a drink instead!

Travis Cody said...

Grrrrrr! I went for new tires not long ago and ended up with a brake job too. I hate unexpected expenses.

LAC said...

Yikes, I was in that boat awhile ago. Though it wasn't a pot hole, it was a pocket knife, two weeks in a row. Thank goodness for the warranty I paid for when I bought my tires from Walmart!!!!

Hope your days get better!

Barb said...

Last summer I was cruising down the interstate in Wyoming at 80 MPH when the car started feeling weird. I pulled off at the next exit.

Mike got out and looked around and saw that the belt had separated from the tire. He got out the spare and it was flat, too.

It was the 4th of July and nowhere was open.

We got directions to a motel about a mile down the road and Mike said the tire was so bad he hated to drive even that far.

I'm so glad I pulled off. It would not have been pretty for that tire to have blown out with me going 80.


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/